Is all the crying normal?

my 3 yr old son was the happiest kid ever but around september he started getting this habit of crying for everything, which he never did. he has always been independant and never needy but now all he does is cry, and for simple thing like me answerin him with no, or my boyfriend telling him dont jump, your gonna fall, or sit down, even when we ask for simple things like pick up your toys or shut the door.. he is not sick or in any kind of pain but continues to cry as if that will solve his problem..im 7 mnths pregnant and some ppl seem to think thats the problem others think its jealously towards my new boyfriend..(his dad has never bben around and i havent been in a serious relationship until now) could that be it or is it somthing else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would say that both things individually could cause the problem so having both MAJOR changes in his life together would be VERY difficult. he had all of you before and now he has to share you with the boyfriend and then soon with his little brother or sister. he is very young. i would work on showing him a lot of positive attention. make sure he is reassured that you will always be there and love him just the same as you always have.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• take some ALONE with him make him feel special.. new boy friend- check for bruise & make sure he understands good touch bad touch.. teach him no one can touch him where is under are.. I know moms don't want to think about this stuff, but you have to now a days.. well your probably going to say no my boyfriend is a prince, but thats what my mom thought & my step dad sexually & physically abused me for years before she noticed.. put in a nanny camera to check on him & anyone else who watches your kid
    also ask your child to draw you one happy pic & one sad pic then ask him to talk about both pics.. always better safe then sorry
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My son started this when he realized his younger brother was doing it and getting away with it. It sounds like there is an emotional reason for this definately. I had to start disciplining my almost 2 year-old for throwing fits realizing that that behavior had to stop. I tell my kids that if they're going to cry, then they need to go to their room and cry. Its' pretty effective
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:16 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I'll bet its the baby to come AND the boyfriend-- try attachment with the 3 year old
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:18 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• it's definately jealousy....probably from both the boyfriend and the baby.....when the baby comes it will get worse.....just make sure to set aside some time for just him and no one else a little of everyday.....he'll slowly get better but my youngest is almost a year old and my 3 year old still whines....they just have to suck it up and get over it....
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010