Was thia an 'insensitive lunch'?

LOL no im serious ..Denver schools apologize for their 'insensitive' lunch menu on the day of celebration for MLK JR..

Fried chicken..collard greens and biscuit..

UMMM MLK JR was a man from the south..

THIS is what some choose to moan about..and demand an apology..STUPIDITY at its best..I think the schools shouldnt of catered to that bs..what do you think?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BaisMom, I agree with your first paragraph. I disagree with the second. I am a WHITE PERSON. Southern "culture" is a blend of black & white. Personally, I love fried chicken, any kind of greens, cornbread....oh good Lord, I better quit before I get homesick.

I think it is ridiculous OP. Since there is a problem with the way the day was celebrated maybe they just shouldn't celebrate next year.....yes, I intended for that to be "smarty pants."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:53 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• correction in title..*this*

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• NBC studios did something similiar for Black History Month, they apologized after Questlove (drummer of the Roots, Jimmy Fallons band) took a pic and posted it on Twitter..Pic included

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/04/nbc-serves-fried-chicken_n_449821.html

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:24 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• THIS is what some choose to moan about..

One person complained and said it was offensive and stereotypical....

Organizers of Denver’s annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Marade, a combination march and parade which honors King every January, did not consider the menu inappropriate, considering that King came from a southern background, but said there are other, more meaningful ways of honoring him.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I realize that sweet and like I said I think the schools shouldnt of catered that bs..

its trying making something out of nothing..

Good grief i'll take the fried chicken lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• good grief! do the italians complain when spaghetti is served because of them? Or OMG tacos during Latin American month or what ever it is called.

I think people just look for a reason to complain.
    Anonymous

• LOL! Ridiculous.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• What is the big deal? This PC crap is getting way out of hand. My white dad would have loved that menu as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ladies this is what the stupid one was hating on http://www.bsbrewing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/greens-with-fried-chicken.jpg Now I dont know if a public school meal can look quite that good lol but anyway

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2010