Can anyone tell me...

...the difference between a debate and an argument? I'll be surprised if anyone on CM can...have you read some of these posts in the hot topics? All the name-calling and finger pointing is absurd!

Mrs.Mack.

Asked by Mrs.Mack. at 9:15 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well answers isnt called debate for starters and sometimes you are gonna get a frank upfront opinoin if you post certain things.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• angryI think a debate stays civilized: no personal put-downs; loud voices; or hurt feelings. I think you keep your focus on the topic/opposing view not the person. Arguments are debates that have gone awry...

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:19 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• On here those talks are considered arguments.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• there is a difference between "frank", "upfront" and just plain out ignorant , hateful and immature.

for example: someone asks "do these pants make my butt look bad"

"frank" answer: "yes...I would wear these instead"

hateful and immature:"... oh heck yes! Why did you even buy those pants? What terrible decision making skills you have!"

Get it?
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 9:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You cannot tell other people how to express themselves just because you dont LIKE the message they are expressing

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:25 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Some people are more sensitive than others I assume.
    Anonymous

• jmo but debate is when steam is buiding up inside someone but kept in tact and argument is the steam pipe has burst and people are gonna get burned baby
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• "You cannot tell other people how to express themselves just because you dont LIKE the message they are expressing"

When did I do that?

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 9:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010