Do you think people that brag about what they have, that they're house is bigger and better or drive better cars are making it up or really insecure?

I think they make it up. People that have REAL things don't bring it up in an argument to draw straws....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't brag about things i have, i brag about my daughter and my wonderful husband, those things can't be topped... and they aren't made up and i'm no insecure.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• They are insecure and try to use their "things" to prove they are successful.
    Anonymous

• I don't really read into why they brag about it as much as I feel it's inappropriate to do so if the topic is about PA, homeless people, or some other topic about those that are less fortunate. I have no problem with people bragging about what they have if it's in the right context.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• If someone has to brag they are likely pretty insecure. and I agree with the PP that it is crass and rude in a PA discussion
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:44 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yes i think its insincerity or maybe immaturity. i know someone like that..neither are working but yet they bought a big screen tv with their income tax and bragged about it on facebook..so annoying
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Why can't somebody just be proud of what that have? It's called pride of ownership. I am very proud of my marriage, children, house, suv and so on. If I am talking about them it's not rubbing anybodys face in it, it is me being proud. We worked HARD for all of that.
    Anonymous

• It's insecurity. No one has to drop names or mention their Land Rover. It's just not important. Now if they had on Louboutin shoes.....kidding.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:54 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I got shit so what...I got a big fancy schmancy computer monitor for my job, I could care less if the shit falls of my desk. I won't cry. All your material crap could be gone in an instant, so in the long run why put value into something that has no real permanence. I value the non-material and I will brag all day everyday about my daughter and my husband....hmmm yup at my friend who is just one of the most amazing people I know...my mom...you know the real things that should matter.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Neither. In a lot of cases, they came from very little and are proud of what they've earned. My husband came from a piss poor family and has really made something of himself. When we have company and he shows off the house we just bought, I can tell he's proud. He's come so far and worked his ass off. He really should be proud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have never heard any one brag about a big house or nice car. we live in a pretty well off community and we are not well off, the nicest moms have some of the nicest houses and cars. are you sure you are not jealous?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2010