needed items???

what items do I NEED before the baby is born and brought home? a list of things that I will need. things that u didnt think about needing but did... what u didnt need and thought u would... please help out... I want to be soo prepared. please include clothing id like to know what i should keep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's been a while, but it's always good to have some cloth diapers to use as burp clothes- trust me, you will go through these like crazy!! You need one to throw over your shoulder ALL the time! Also, you can never have too many receiving blankets and onesies.
    Anonymous

• Diapers, wipes, and a boppy pillow...esp if you are nursing. I sent my husband to buy one after the first day home!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Diapers
    Wipes
    Nursing Pads
    Breastpump (if you plan to go back to work or school or if you want to donate breastmilk)
    Diaper bag
    Lotion
    Diaper Rash Cream
    Nipple Ointment or Cream
    Car Seat
    Blankets
    Milk Storage Bags

Clothes
    Socks
    Bottles
    Dreft

Anonymous

• Blankets, sleepers - onesies, burb cloths, diapers ... will go through these like crazy. And laundry soap to wash these. Thermometer for checking baby's temp, maybe "gas' medicine
    maybe a "baby sleeping" sign so folks don't ring the doorbell.
    If you are bottle feeding, perhaps an assortment of nipples. Some nipples work better than others and you may not find a good one till you try it.

And something "portable" for baby to lay in. For example if baby is awake but you are cooking dinner or taking a shower or working in the yard, then you can have baby close without having to hold them.

And for yourself, comfortable clothing. Perhaps some stool softener or prune juice. Some mom's need help w BM afterwards.

Also, it's a good idea to have a TV or radio on when baby goes to sleep. This gets them used to "noise" .. lots of people make the mistake of trying to be quiet and then the least little noise will wake baby up
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 9:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Bouncer seats are wonderful. If you need to lay baby down for a few while you take a shower or cook dinner, etc. You can take the seat virtually anywhere and put baby down for a few if need be. Just make sure to find one that is only a slight angle since baby will not be able to hold his/her head up for a while. Some of the seats sit up too tall.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 9:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• if you are breastfeeding you only need diapers, wipes, some pajamas, blankets and a car seat. i swore by the boppy after my 1st born, but didn't use one for any after that!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2010