Finding the right church

I am trying to find the right church. We are a non-married couple with one child. We are in love with each other, totally committed. But we are not getting married at this time. I've tried a few churches but also get the pressure to get married and stop committing that sin.

Do you know of a accepting church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well the bible teaches against sfornacation so it may be very hard to find that in a bible reaching church
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:46 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Try the Disciples of Christ, usually they have a name like First Christian Church or at least have "Christian Church" in the name.
    Anonymous

• We go to a Unitarian Universalist church. No one is ever burned as a witch. It encompasses many faiths and theologies.

uua.org

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• go to a catholic church, they wont care
    Anonymous

• LOL anon I was going to say something like that. After reading everything on CM we all know a lot about the Catholic Church, and I had two kids before we married. Both kids were baptised and Father never asked us to get married. My neighbor had twins and they were both in her wedding.

Best part of it, you can politically incorrect
    Anonymous

• Why would you be going to a church? To be accepted and continue to sin or to be accepted and encouraged to walk in freedom?
    My church would welcome you but eventually encourage you toward becoming unified as a husband and wife which is honoring to God and better for the children .
    Are you going to church to worship God or just to fit in?

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• As the first poster said. It is a sin, and that is how most churches work. I lived with my DH before being married so I am not bashing you. If a church catered to everyone then it wouldn't be teaching God's word, but the world's view. Over time churches have become more accepting of what they will preach and accept...when will it stop? A church that follows God's law, by the bible will not accept you living together to be members. Our church lets you volunteer to an extent and be apart of activities.  They do commonly comment on marriage, and voice their opinions on it so there is no confusion on where they stand.    The church shouldn't sugar coat God's word, and if it's bothering you maybe that's something God's is trying to tell you. 

Anonymous

• a church that calls itself a "community church" are good ones, those are the ones that just want you to show up and don't judge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Why would you want to find 'the right church' if your not wanting to follow th rules of the bible, which christianity supposedly stands by. Are you wanting a church to fit into your ideas? If you are i think you wiill be disapointed. But there again these days you never know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If there is a Calvary Church near your house then go there :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2010