Daughter is sick need advice!

My 2 yr old is sick her brother has brochtis. I know that's what she has but she has a high fever right now. I don't want to take her to hospital just for them to give her Tylenol and tell me what I already know. Do you think it could wait til the morning and I could take her to pedi????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• as long as she's not lethargic from the fever and is still taking in fluids, I think you are OK waiting until morning as long as the fever is not extremely high.
    Anonymous

• She is taking funny .. Her fever is 102.7 my kids don't get sick much so I've not delt with it this bad in a while
    Anonymous

• Ya I think it would be fine. Remember the fever is her bodys natural reaction to the infection her body is trying to fight. Just keep her comfy and give her lots of love. If you give her medicine at home it's no different than taking her in. When my babies are sick the first and most important thing I do is pray for them:)
    I hope they get better fast.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• 102.7 isn't what I consider extreme. I'd say over 103.5 take her in.

as Jackie said, the fever is her body fighting. You take away that fever completely the body is no longer fighting as hard.

If your daughter acts uncomfortable, try starting with 1/2 a dose
    Anonymous

• Thanks...
    Anonymous

• I would start with alternating between tylenol and motrin (it's always what my dr. suggests with a fever over 102). and a lukewarm bath. This should help break the fever so it doesn't reach a dangerous level.. if you can, try to keep it below 102. If it reaches 103.5 take her to the ER.. and monitor her temp to make sure it doesn't reach that high.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Take her in. My son had bacterial bronchiolitis (bronchitis is from smoking) and the flu at once. They had to give him antibiotics and an anhibulator. He was also lethargic and was not drinking or eating as much w/ a high fever. If its not that bad, wait...but get her in if she has been sick for more that a few days. and getting worse
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010