Am I the only one who thinks the "Who dat" thing is ANNOYING?

I just saw the question that got the answer of exactly what it means, and the whole chant is annoying. Correct English, anyone? Oh, and glad the Saints won even though I'm not a fan of them or the Colts. They played a great game!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Eh, that's their thing. Doesn't make it any less annoying. ;P
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 11:17 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I do find it annoying, which is why I had to ask what the heck it meant. I'm glad I know now, but still find it annoying.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• OP ~~ Seriously, Pnukey! I hope I don't hear it now that SB is over. Yeah, right.
    Anonymous

• OP ~~ Please stop, anon.
    Anonymous

• You brought it up and I'm just saying people sound stupid when they talk like that. I wasn't targeting anyone in particular but if people of color generally talk that way well then I guess they are the ones who sound stupid.
    Anonymous

• OP ~~ I brought it up because it's annoying and the poor English is, too. I didn't say anything or imply anything about ethnicity. Now, I'm asking again. Please stop with racist comments!
    Anonymous

• Dang someone needs a midol milkshake!
    I hate that Ebonics term "Who dat" But some people talk that way.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It's a tradition in New Orleans and whether it annoys you or not, nothing is going to change it. Unless you are from the South or New Orleans, you wouldn't understand so it doesn't matter.

We won the m'effin superbowl! WHO DAT!
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:03 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?
    SAIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT! <333333
    Anonymous

• OP ~~ I KNOW it's not going to change or matter, but I am ALLOWED to express how I feel about anything, as are you, momtotrips. Thanks, though.
    Anonymous