If his family doesn't like you, would you stay?

If the man you are talking to takes you around and many times they let you know that they don't like you, what would you do? Would you stay, or would you leave him alone?

pebbleschild

Asked by pebbleschild at 11:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• it deppends on how long you've been with him. In the long run, he's the only one that needs to like you. Who cares what they think.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't put myself through that.
    Anonymous

• thats a challange for me,i would totally be extra nice to them to show them they have no reason to hate me
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:36 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My sister rarely goes 2 her in-laws n she's been married 4 9yrs. They live 20 min away n r a very exclusive family
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• As long as he likes you enough to want to take you around those people ...i wouldn't worry about it. I have a mother in law who hates me, I just smile bigger, laugh hard and enjoy things more when she is around...If they know it doesnt get to you they will get over whatever it is.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It depends i suppose.. Why do they not like you? Are they judging you before they know you? Or is there something about you that they sincerly dont like? Is he really close to his family? I would say if youve been talking to him for a while and he is close to his familly try to figure out why they dont like you. I know with me his family often used to think that i was a b**** and didnt like them because i was shy and thats how it came off. I would say try to figure out what makes them act this way and see if its really worth it. But if you really like him why not give it a shot. I guess you should weigh your options.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• How close do they live and how close is he w/ them? If he's close with them and lives close by, I'd say forget it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:45 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Been there done that. Never again will i put up with crap like that. The men allways stick with their families. It is very rare that they stick up for you. i'm too old for relationships like that.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I married him lol, not all of the in-laws dislike me but I am not his moms ideal wife and his brother thinks I should be a quiet follower and not speak. His sister on the other hand I have a decent relationship with and his dad quietly approves of me lol To me it doesnt matter what his family thinks, what matters is what my DH thinks and what our relationship is like, we have a strong marriage and he has always backed me up when it comes to his family. As long as he supports you and stands up for you then the in-laws will learn to adjust in their own time. after 15 years mine have figured out that I am not going away anytime soon so they make the best of it and do their best to appear cordial.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:59 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My in-laws don't like me and it makes no difference to me. Their opinion of me isn't my business or my responsibility. My husband doesn't care for his family either really, so it's a non-issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2010