I miss my hair... :(

When I was pregnant this last time, I got so fed up with my hair. It was hot, and it was long and thick. So i chopped about a foot off. I have regreted it ever since. Not only that, but since my last child was born, I have noticed its all falling out. I used to have really think hair, and now its thin and stringy.

How do I make it grow, what can I do to make it stop falling out, and will I ever have the thickness back?

:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• omg u sound like me! i chopped all my hair off b/c i was sooo hot and preggo.... then it fell out in chunks after i had the baby and i had bald spots it was terrible but it passed..... it will pass just pull ur hair up like i did!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• lol. Thanks Armywife. did your thickness ever come back? how long did it take?
    (OP)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• After the first two babies and chopping my hair while pregnant my DH made a no haircut rule while pregnant lol. It will grow back, the falling out is a normal postpartum thing and will slow down to the regular amount over the first year.

It has never taken me long to get my hair back especially if I kept taking my prenatals that always helped for the first year to keep me balanced since i was breastfeeding as well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well, the vitamins help to make it full and thick. Take supplements. Expect it to fall out for a while but eventually it gets better. The texture sometimes changes though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh my gosh I have nightmares where that happens to me! That sucks! (((HUGS))) I have long hair as well...I get anxious just getting it trimmed! You can take an amino acid called L-Cystiene..it will make your hair grow faster and thicker...very important if you take it to take 3 x's as much vitamin C along with it or you can get something called cystiene stones...I used to take it but my hair grew too fast, I'm a bleached blonde so having to dye it more often because of the roots growing out so fast was very damaging, my hair was a lot thicker then though, so I miss that part, but if you take a dose of 500 mg of L- cysteine be SURE to take 1,500 of vitamin C with it...it breaks it down right or something, it's always best to take all the amino acids together though, (the 8 essential aminos) they are metabolized better that way. I read about this in Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaws book called 'Life Extension'.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• FYI...there is 1/4 gram of cysteine in and egg yolk, so it's true what they say about eggs, they do make your hair grow!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Ughh, so many typos.. cysteine is the correct spelling..I'm puttin my tired butt to bed now :p Good luck hun!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• vitamins help, there are also products you can buy that will help your hair grow faster. http://www.extremebeautysupply.com/servlet/the-hair-care-product--dsh--HAIR-GROW-PRODUCT/Categories

http://www.hairenergizer.com/

protein and proper vitamins and minerals are essential to hair growth AND health.  So while pre-natals don't actual MAKE your hair grow, they help to make sure you have the proper vitamins. (a simple vitamin pill daily normally will do just as well here)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• it took me like a couple mths..... i remember my husband was overseas and my family kept telling me my hair was not that bad but i was on web cam w/ my husband and showed him my spots he just looked freaked out LOL that face was priceless lol...*sigh* Anyway it took like two mths after it fell out to start looking better then it just got better from there!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010