did you let your hubby watch the superbowl

I had a superbowl get together with my husbands friends and their spouses ...some of his friends ( 3) came by themselves beacuse the wives didn't want to go fine no biggy...the problem they keep calling and calling asking when they were going to come home..omg its not like they were doing anything why are some woman like that....the other wives and I went shopping and let the guys have fun....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL! my husband is in Germany ...and even if he were home i don't "let" (or not let him) do anything. He's a grown man. And he knows what isn't going to bother me and what will. A happy wife is a happy life!
    past all that though, ...those women you described need to take a chill pill.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• those women are probably insecure. my dh didnt go anywhere, his brother came over and we all watched it, including the kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I watched it with my hubby, I love football! He was invited to a get-together (boys only), but wanted to stay home and watch it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• well DH doesnt watch football lol, if he had wanted to watch or go somewhere and watch i would have been fine with it, i know when the game ends and that he would probably give it another hour or two to make sure the beer was digested enough to come home so it would have been fine with me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We watched it together. It's always been a family event here.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• haha my DH let me watch the Super Bowl. not really "let me" but he tolerates my love for sports & tries to enjoy the commercials haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Let? No my hubby went and took a nap. He said, and I quote..."Who gives a damn."
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• LOL My DH is in Texas right now for a TDY so I had no say so in where he went or what he did lol. I would never tell him he's not "allowed" to go somewhere that would be disrespectful. He's an adult not a child. Like a PP said, he knows what bothers me and what doesn't and he does a great job of respecting that so I have no issues with him doing anything whether it's going to watch the Superbowl or going out for drinks with friends. They're probably just insecure like someone else said.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Or maybe they haven't been married long because i had that same issue when DH and I first got married and he joined the military. But I got over it real quick when I realized that he wasn't doing anything bad and he was respecting me lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• He watched it with our 8yo son. I watched The Sound of Music in my room. Pretty normal night for us. I don't think I would have let him go anywhere to watch it, though. When he hangs out with his friends he drinks. And he can't have just 1 or 2 beers. He gets wasted and then drives home at all hours of the night (he'd come home at 2-3am most times and stayed out all night a few times). I put an end to that years ago before he got himself killed or killed someone else.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2010