Is it just me,Or is this messed up?

I may be weird about this but does anyone else think its wrong to go around someones house and tell people what you want to get when they die?I overheard my BIL's girlfriend going around in his grandmothers house telling him what she wanted when his grandmother dies.This woman is not even close to death and this girl is already plotting and scheming to get all the antiques in the house.These things won't belong to her they will be passed on to his mother and her sister but she told him she expects something from mamaw dying.She said its only right they get something too.Besides he has never been close to his grandmother and she isn't even in the family!Hell she's even still married to someone else and has been the whole time they have been together!Do any of you gals feel like she's just being a greedy bitch?Should I speak up and tell what I heard or just leave it alone and wait for the fight when she does actually pass away?

barndogsgrl

Asked by barndogsgrl at 1:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's appalling. But I wouldn't say anything because it will have to be passed down. That said, my own grandmother prodded me endlessly to pick stuff out in the event of her death. I picked a mirror and a figurine that I didn't really want. But it seemed really important to her to know her things wouldn't go to auction. She gave me stuff when she moved into a care facility and I took pictures of her things in my home so she could see I had them and enjoyed them. It seemed to make her happy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Been there done this, make sure your grandma has it all in writting and notorized, it will save you so much pain at the end. It is amazing how many greedy people come out of the wood work, my uncle and his wife took what they wanted then walked away, many of us were really peeved since the wife took things that were meant for other people, my grams had always been very clear about it but my uncle was executor and did what he wanted anyhow then walked away and left the grand kids to clean up the mess and deal with all the loose ends, he didnt even do his job as executor.

Get it in writting and make sure that someone who is trustworthy is the one who is in control. I have seen people break into homes during funerals to ensure they got what they wanted (happened to our friend). How low people are willing to go never surprises me. and yes i would give certain people a heads up about the girlfriend.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• So......................what was it that she wanted???? QUIM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• She actually wanted an antique bedroom suite,all mamaws china which has been handed down to 5 generations of women in the family,all mamaws antique porcelian dolls(worth a pretty penny according to greedy girl)her couches so they don't have to buy any,her civil war relics(so she can sell them to a real collector)mamaws big screen tv and dvd player,and her dining room set(another family heirloom)The family heirlooms belong to my mother in law she's oldest girl in family,next in line to recieve these items.It would break her heart not to get these things.They belonged to the women in her family.Her sister and her have been instructed by mamaw to sell the house an after the bills are paid the boys get the proceeds from the house.everything else gets divided between MIL and her sister and mamaws remaining sister.House is located in historical district so its actually worth a lot anyway,why get greedy about the little things?
    barndogsgrl

Answer by barndogsgrl at 2:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yep, sounds like a greedy bitch. I'd tell mamaw and have a good laugh over it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2010