I ideas on how to share a bedroom with a 5 yr old boy

Me and my son share a room. My husband sleeps on the couch and refuses to allow our son to sleep in the living room, while we have the bedroom. I just find it easier to give in to my husband.
Taxes are coming back this week and I want to get rid of the king size bed me and my son sleep on and get different beds. I was thinking twin over full bunk beds, that way DH can sleep in the lower bed with me, son on top.
Or should I
go with 2 twin beds? a regular bunk bed? a twin bed with pull out trundle? so it looks more like it's just his room.
What would you do in this situation?
** moving is not an option.. we live in a small town and this was all we could find without moving 40 miles away from work, so please no bashing***

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd go with the twin over double bunk beds. That way your son can have his bed and you and your dh can get back into sleeping together. I feel that it's important for a husband and wife to sleep together.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• there are loft bunk beds that are really nice and can probably find some for a good price.
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• How about you and dh get a sofa bed and you guys make the living room into your bedroom. the end tables could be your nightstands and you can get a storage ottoman big enough to put pillows and your blankets (target and walmart have ones that are perfect for that).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I know some parents that give their child the only bedroom and get a pullout sleeper couch for the living room and just share the closet and other things in the bedroom.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 1:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think the bunk with the one big bed on the bottom and reg twin on the top, is a great solution for you guys!!! That way everyone is in a bed.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• OP here~~~

My husband gets up very early and likes the living room to himself other wise the sofa sleeper is a good idea.
    I'm just really excited to get to fiannly have some money to re-do this room!! I went to a few web site and there's alot out there! you can even buy a queen over queen bunk bed! lol
    it will probably be single over double
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• great that hubby likes the living room to himself but you are an adult in the relationship too, and just as entitled to a decent nights sleep, or an early rise in the living room too.
    Get a fold out sofa, get back to sleeping in the same room with DH and he will just have to get over the fact that you live there too. and aren't a child in the house
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2010