Why are sahms so bitter?

Why are sahms so bitter towards women that have successful careers and don't have children until they are stable in their career?

Comments are like " they are trying to fill a void because they aren't married and don't have children". They are "selfish" for putting their careers first. What's the deal? Do you feel so bad about your choice to be a sahm that you feel such anger and bitterness towards women that didn't choose to be a sahm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Who's they? I am a sahm who isn't bitter, but grateful. I don't buy the "I can't afford to stay home" whine though. Unless you are the only one working I guess. We all make choices. Mine for now is staying home. Why do you care what I think ?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Can't speak for others but i am not bitter and i don't make comments like that. I had my career and was even a working mom for many years, a few years ago i decided what was best for me was to be home. I have no regrets i LOVE it and i am very happy with my choice. I have many friends who are very successful but still work around their children. One of my closest friends is a lawyer and she regularly schedules her days to be with her child. Everyone works it out however is best for them :)

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i'm a successful career woman in the medical field who yearns to be home with my children. i used to be a sahm and loved every second of it. if i had a choice, i would be home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• This sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I dont see any bitter sahms. I love staying home. I cherish every minute of it. I hated working & wouldnt go back ever unless some huge thing happened & it was financially necessary. I could care less what other moms do...work, dont work...whatever. Doesnt affect me any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Better question. Why are so many of you working careers mom so rude and hateful towards SAHMs? Really. And why is it any of your business? I am more than happy to stay at home with my son. That is the choice I made and apparently you chose a career, good for you,but it is none of your business or mine or any one elses what each mother decides to do or how she feels about it. IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have been a SAHM for 23 years and I am not bitter at aall. I could care less what others choose to do. I do, however think that women in their 40's and 50's who have no children and no spouses ARE filling a void which is why they are able to pout so much energy in to their careers. They aren't focusing on anything else but their career. Kind of cool to have one of my answers spark a 2nd question. " they are trying to fill a void because they aren't married and don't have children" was my answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Who's angry? I feel sad for some women who put off having children and are now discovering they are infertile. But other then that.....not at all.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Anon 23

Is it really that hard for you to believe that women don't want to have children? Is it hard for you to imagine that women don't want to be a sahm/homemaker for their entire lives?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• there are women here that aren't moms (yet). Not all moms on the site are insecure homemakers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't think that she is insecure at all. If she had children and a spouse her priorities would (most of the time) be different. Because she doesn't have those things her priorities are different. I am not putting that down. If they had a family to focus on they might not be as focused as their same age, single, childless counterpart. They would have different goals and priorities. Quite frankly you read way too much in to my answer.

Anonymous