Period like cramps at 30 weeks pregnant??

What could it be from? Should I go to the ER?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no er required. i had this with all three of my pregnancies and the doctor always said it is caused from stretching ligaments. bring it up at your checkup but as long as your not bleeding or anything i wouldnt worry.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 2:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• it coult be (Braxton Hicks) I am not sure of the spelling. Anyway, keep track of the cramps. Jot down the time of each episode. If avaialbe, contact an advise nurse. My daugther was born at 26 weeks. Not saying this will be your case but like the first response, make sure that your are not bleeding.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• do you notice this happening at certain times of the day, or after exercise, climbing stairs, walking more or faster than usual?
    sounds like it could be contractions, which can be brought on by dehydration, malnutrition, physical exhertion, and emotional stress. it could also be braxton hicks, which is your body practicing for labor...which is perfectly normal and harmless. if you suspect contractions from stress, then you need to take care of it. if you need to cut back on household duties, workouts, work...are you drinking a lot of water? 2-3 litres a day? are you sure you are eating enough and eating enough healthy food?
    good luck with your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2010