Where is your favorite place to vacation in the US? besides hawaii

me and Dh are planning a vacation. we can't afford hawaii. I love oregon in the summer but this will probably be sometime in early fall. we are the camping type but we love any kind of vacation.

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 3:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I live in Oregon. My favorite place to vacation is in Teton Valley, Idaho. It's 3 small towns near each other and it's beautiful and peaceful. The Teton River runs through the valley and Grand Targhee Ski and Summer Resort is there too. Teton Valley is just on the other side of the mountains from Jackson Hole, WY. Yellowstone isn't very far away and we have vacationed in Island Park which also isn't too far. I also like Bear Lake. It's in Idaho and Utah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• First thought was a cruise when you said my fav place, not so much a place as just any cruise. I went to Bahamas on one. But if you like camping, I would suggest Gaitlinburg, TN. There is alot of culture up here as well as you are right in the Smokey mountains. There are all types of things to do such as Ripleys Aquarim, Dollywood, comedy shows, all types of shows. You should look it up if you love the camping thing. The Mountains are just so beautiful, course I'm partial living close to it and all.LOL
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Depends on where you live and what you like to do! We live in California so mini vacas include Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, LA/Malibu, San Diego, Vegas and Tahoe. But big vacas are usually Mexico. I HIGHLY recommend Cabo San Lucas and Cancun. <3
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I live about an hour away from Gatlinburg, TN and we actually take weekend trips there. I love it. It's really easy to have a staycation when you have a place as fun as Gatlinburg to go to. Our favorite place to vacation though is anywhere near the mountains.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• New York City

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Arkansas. So bueatiful. Not expensive, great lakes and parks. Very Senic.

We love where we live. I could never live anywhere else. Its too bueatiful here.
    Anonymous