My son was just recently tested as possibly having Autism? What now?

smata85

Asked by smata85 at 4:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Health

• if he is under 3 years of age, you wait..my son was diagnosed with some autism and censory disfunction..we receive services through our cities regional center for disabled children, ask your doctor for a referal. my son receives intervention through an early childhood specialist, and he is on a waiting list for occupational therapy and another class for autistic children. it is a waiting game. apply for social security benifits, he might be eligible until the age of three. My case is in process.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Put him on a casein & gluten free diet.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i would look into dietary changes before giving any meds. there are groups in cafe mom you should join. i have also heard that the earlier you begin therapy, the better the results. if the autism test is positive you must know that you are your childs only health advocate. you are not at the mercy of your doctors, or your insurance policy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2010