Bassinet or Pack and Play

What is the best buy? The bassinet would fit next to the bed but the Pack and Play would be useful for longer. This is my first baby so I have no clue!

Mrsphillips777

Asked by Mrsphillips777 at 5:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will get more use out of the pack and play. The baby will outgrow the bassinet in no time. And the pack and play can be used for later use. You can take the pack and play with you to grandma's or to motels or camping, or just use it outdoors. There is alot of uses for pack and plays.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 6:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Definitely the pack n play. You use a bassinet for such a short period of time (I had one, but never used it!) - you could look for an inexpensive one on craigslist or borrow one from a friend.

Answer by missanc at 7:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I had no use for a pack and play or a basinett. I got a four in one convertable crib and set it up sidecar style: http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• pack n play is portable and turns into a play pen - I definitely vote for the pack n play! It also folds up nice and small so you can store it away when you need to.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have had 2 pak n plays, and never used either! i never used a bassinet. we are not very big on spending a lot of $ on gear that may or may not be used. i too, put my crib up to my bed. those convertible cribs are a great idea.
    congrats on your baby! all you really need are diapers, some clothes, some blankets and a car seat. everything else is just extra!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I used the Bassi for exactly 8 weeks. The P&P I used a bit longer but now that is sitting in the garage. I found my Bassinet on Craigslist for $20.00 so I did not feel bad about using so little, I did love having it right next to my bed though. I would not buy either one of these "new" check CL, garage sales and you local FreeCycle
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have the pack n play with the newborn napper on top and its great! it fits next to my bed and it will be used for longer than a bassinet would have. i love it.
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• pack and play
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have both. I've never used the pack and play, but she only slept in the basinet for a couple days and then we moved her to the papasan chair. It is nice if you have someone that can loan you a bassinet so you can try it out and see if they are even going to like it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Pack and Play definitely. JM and I researched it and the bassinet is pretty much a waste of money. So we are getting the pack n play. Miss you girl! How are you??
    corinne2009

Answer by corinne2009 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2010