1000 year reign?

Is it true that Jesus will come down to earth with his people and live down here on earth for 1000 years and everything be peaceful because Satan will be bound for those 1000 years? Will we live down here on earth with Christ? Will animals be here? I am a little confused here. I told my grandson that is when we will be able to pet wild animals, because in the bible it say the lamb will lay with the Lion, or something like that. did i tell him right?

toyota

Asked by toyota at 6:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not sure if thats the way it goes..
    I've recently started attending church and knowing the story.
    But.. I dont feel this part in particular is correct.
    Maybe read a scripture or check online, google maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That's what the Bible says! (Revelation 21:1-3)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• "A thousand years" just means a really long time. Like if I said "you'll never guess this in a million years" I dont mean literally a million years - just a really long time. I think that we are now in the long period between Christ‘s victory (symbolically expressed by tying up Satan) and his coming in glory. It could last millions of years.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. There will be a thousand year reign and Satan will be locked into the abyss Rev 20:3. This is why I dont believe in a BAM! You go straight to heaven or hell idea! We will have a chance to recognize alot of things, meaning God, and use our free will. Try researching something called "The Great Tribulation." Matt 24:31
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NO!

It's all just more MYTHOLOGY!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• There are varying beliefs on this subject - there is the dispensational premillennial view (which is what you described); historic premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism. I'll provide a couple of links that describe each:

http://71.18.155.148/four_views_of_the_millennium.htm

http://kimriddlebarger.squarespace.com/eschatology-charts/

solamama

Answer by solamama at 12:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

----------------

How do you know that it's not a literal number?
    Anonymous

• Yes you are correct.
    It is literal or it would say otherwise.

We will not be sitting around doing nothing either.. we will be rebuilding and having businesses ect like we do now but without all the corruption and yes we will be with Jesus

go to this website Toyota: http://mikebickle.org/ go to End times... this man has done extensive study on this for over 25 yrs and as you read check the scriptures yourself, be a berean... Mike Bickle actually encourages that. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• http://mikebickle.org/

sorry for got to post the url

Shaneagle777

• We will not be sitting around doing nothing either.. we will be rebuilding and having businesses ect like we do now but without all the corruption and yes we will be with Jesus
    --------------------------

I agree with Shaneagle
    Anonymous