Do u believe in some cases, imunizations can trigger seizure activity?

docs say no.... but there are a few ppl out there that believe shots trigger seizure... let me know ur opinion..... thanks... molly

mollynmason

Asked by mollynmason at 6:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• absolutely, and is also believed to be a major trigger for Autism. Do your research, but remember alot of what you find in main stream media is funded by the pharmacuetical companies who make the vaccines - obviously they will down play risks and scare you with statistics.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think they trigger many different things in different people....and some people it can trigger nothing at all.

Why do people want to pretend things like this are not possible at all?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• the only way i could see them being a seizure trigger would be if a fever was a side effect of that shot. Vaccines can have different side effects for everyone.

my youngest has a seizure disorder - some of her more mild seizures are from fever - but NONE were from a vaccine.

myheartX4 stop the propaganda - haven't you read the news lately?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• absolutely!
    you can even read it as a side effect in the vaccine literature at the dr's office.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes, the worst possible side effect of most shots is death, they have a lot of possible side effects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. Everyone reacts differently. Perhaps one could argue the shot does not trigger the siezure, but rather triggers a chain of events that leads to a seizure. But even something as simple as a grape can kill someone. So why dwell on it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It can cause a seizure yes, I watched my 3 month old cousin have one in reaction to her immunizations. It is one of the more severe reactions.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Vaccines can trigger febrile seizures (seizures that are the effect of a sudden rise in temperature rather than a fever that has been present for a prolonged length of time). During follow-up, those who had the febrile seizures after vaccination were no more likely than usual to have additional seizures or mental or developmental problems. According to one of the biggest studies on the subject, the vaccines do not appear to cause any long-term disabilities, such as epilepsy or retardation.

Anonymous

• Oh yes, the huge pharmaceutical conspriacy has taken over the main-stream media. The billion dollar "alternative medicine" industry is completely different and would only do things for the good of people, never to make money.  You can only trust the claims of practically ananoymous people like myheartx4.  Anything that the media says contrary to her opinion is propaganda from big pharm, but anything that matches her opinion is truth. 

Just make sure that you know how to evaulate information you find.  Yes, sometimes vaccines cause fevers that can trigger a seizure in children, but the evidence does not support that vaccines cause seizure disorders like epilepsy.  Nor does it support the idea that vaccines cause autism.

Anonymous

• "You can only trust the claims of practically ananoymous people like myheartx4. Anything that the media says contrary to her opinion is propaganda from big pharm, but anything that matches her opinion is truth"

Wow, a whole lot of negativity from two sentences from me.
    FYI I did the research, still chose to vaccinate all four of my kids as I feel the benefits out weigh the risks , I didn't mention alternative medicine, just offered my opinion, which is what was asked for. And the difference between me being "practically Anonymous" and yourself actually being Anonymous would be......? That's right ...I'm NOT!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010