1 yr molars?

my 14 month old is getting his nd molor in he has been crankier than ever which i know is normal he also has a runny nose... but the thing is he has hardly no appetite , he will drink juice and his milk but does really want too much food , is this normal?

gio143

Asked by gio143 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes my nephew is going through this, but he is getting his 2 year old ones. I think because they hurt to bad they don't want to eat. I mean if you mouth hurt would you want to eat? I wouldn't force him to eat he will eat when he is hungry you can give him tylenol for the pain though
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes! My 14 month old had two molars come in at the same time. He was so cranky I was going to loose it. We gave him things that he can gnaw on to soothe his teeth and eat (cheese sticks worked GREAT). Good Luck
    crodriguez1010

Answer by crodriguez1010 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. Normal at least for my son it was the case. Teething tablets helped my son also. but yeah, just make sure he's keeping hydrated with a bit more than water so he is still getting calories.. and you hang in there mommy.. I know its hard!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yep. Totally normal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010