How many pizzas would you order?

My two daughters are having a together birthday party at a bowling alley this weekend. I want to order some pizza to have along with the cake. If everyone shows up, there will be a total of 12 kids. There will be two adults & possibly a few other adults; I don't know if any parents will stick around. Do you think 2 large pizzas or 3 medium pizzas would be enough? I'm mostly concerned with just feeding the kids. I hadn't planned on feeding other adults, but if we have extra I would offer it to them. Some local pizza places are offering deals on 2 large or 3 med pizzas, but didn't know if I should order additional ones.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Honestly, before you order the pizza, I would check to make sure that the bowling alley will let you bring them in. A lot of times, they'll let you bring in cake and ice cream for a birthday party, but they won't let you bring other outside food in, they make you order it all from their menu.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh, also, I forgot to say, I think it also depends on the ages of the kids. If you're talking about, say, a bunch of 5 - 8 yr olds, then I would say that 3 medium pizzas would be fine - if you're only feeding the kids, that's 1/4 of a med. pizza each. But if you're talking teenagers, then I think you're probably going to want more than that.

Also, are you doing this during a meal time or at a time that's more "between meals", because that could affect how much they might or might not have eaten before the party / how hungry they are.

Happy Birthday to your dds :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• You didn't say how old the children are. I think for say 8 year olds that I'd order three large pizzas. Say there are 8 pieces per pizza? Three large would give 2 slices per child- not any for any adults.... so maybe 4 large pizzas?

Answer by Bmat at 8:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The kids will range from 7/8 years old to 9/10 years old; about half for each age group. The bowling alley's pizza place closed down so they said that we could bring in food, but thanks for the tip.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would say 4 large pizzas, but I am one of those that gets over what I need lol.....want to make sure I have enough I guess lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'd get 4 LARGES too....its better to have too much than not enough.

my almost 9 year old can eat 3 pieces.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'd get 3 larges for sure, if it was between meal times. If it's near a mealtime (before) I'd get more. If it's right after a meal, I'd stick with 3 larges. I personally would rather take home leftovers than have the pizza gone and kids wanting more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would also order 3-4 large. I know at our bowling alley when we have kids parties there, 12 little kids (like 3-6 years old) go through 2 large pizzas really quick, so I would imagine older kids would go through it even quicker. I like to over order. I also buy ours from Little Caesars $5 mediums and I get 5 of them when my sons have their birthday parties and it feeds about 10 preteens.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010