What could this be on my ds's tongue?

He is 8 yrs. old and for the past week he has had these sore looking spots on his tongue they look red smooth almost like a lit cigarette was placed there. It doesn't seem to bother him (he says).

I have tried googling it but there is so much sites to look for I can not seem to find what I need...Has anyone gone through this? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is it possible he burned it on hot cocoa or something?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Does anyone in the family get cold sores? They can come up on the tongue like that....that's just one possibility
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Has he been drinking anything acidic like orange juice or something like that? I would have him rise iwth mouth wash or salt water.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sounds like Thrush to me. My daughter used to have that a lot. It didn't hurt it just looked bad.
    momoftwins240

Answer by momoftwins240 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2010