Ok. Moms of boys. What would you do if your young son got a young girl pregnant.

She is not your daughter therefore, you can't force her to get an abortion. If her family is pro-life. She is not getting an abortion. So, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would help support it in anyway I can, AFTER a dna test. And if I had to help support it, I would have some sort of court ordered visitation/custody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• There isn't anything I can do but I sure the hell won't be supporting it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't force an abortion on anyone. I would HOPE that my son would take responsibility for his actions and help raise that child that he helped bring into the world. However, if he's too young for child support and I have to pay it.. Then he'll be getting a job VERY VERY early in life, whether its mowing grass or something like that. I hope I'm never in that situation but if my son were to get a girl pregnant, I would hope that my husband and I would be able to deal with it as calmly as possible and hope to build a relationship with the girls parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• As young as he is he will be a father regardless the age he would have to do what it takes to support the child if anything once all is said and done you won't have a choice but to love the child and support it as well...it is sad but hey it happens. GL First of all make sure the baby belongs to your son.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think the idea of FORCING an abortion on anyone is horrible. Whatever happened to that choice thing everyone hollers about all the time...sick.

My son would get a job, and would help and support in ALL WAYS POSSIBLE and would be the best father that a teen can be.

I as the grandmother would also do my part. I would care for and love the child....it is not the childs fault...they are here in this world and deserve a grandmother just as much as the next child.

People make mistakes...but in my opinion this is one of the nicest kind...a new baby is brought into the family. A blessing in disguise, maybe not planned or desired right now....but a part of the family forever.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well, TG it never happened because I truly don't know what I would have done. Too many parents give their teens freedoms and then are all surprised when they end up getting a girl pregnant or getting pregnant. I had no surprises. Until my teens could drive themselves (at NO YOUNGER THAN 17) we took them to wherever they had to go and picked them up. we ALWAYS arrived to pick them up early though how eaearly always varied. We knew where they were and who they were with at all times. There were lots of freedoms but they had severe strings attached. My 19yo and his 17yo gf are still supervised when they are together. She can only go out with him if we take them to and from or if her parents take them to and from even though my son has his own car. Most of the time her parents prefer that they are here or there, supervised. Both of them respect her parents rules. Parents CAN set boundaries, it's okay for them to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• DNA test to confirm paternity first. Then it's my grandchild too and I want to be a part of it's life. I'd help out when I could and my boy would be doing odd jjobs around the house to earn money to help pay for things baby needs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My son already knows that if he were to get a girl pregnant that child would be HIS repsonsibilty, not mine or his dads. We would be awsome grandparents, but we wouldn't be built in babysitters or free daycare. He would have to get a full time job to support the child first and foremost, then if he wanted College he would have to figure out how to do that as well.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• oh wow... no you cant force someone to abort. i would not completely wash my hands off the child. but my son would need to take up a job to fulfil his responsibility as a dad. depending on his age it might be a good idea to go in for some counselling (and ya i would pay for it if he could not afford it). i believe in being there for your child even though he may have made a big mistake. and i definitely would not allow my grandkids childhood and life to get screwed up just because my son made a mistake and im angry about it.
    my kid is only 5 and i truly hope i dont have to see this day thou.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would have been heartbroken had this happened with one of my boys, and I don't know for sure what I would have done. I think we would first go as a family to the girl and her family, expressing our regret and offering whatever support, financial and otherwise, that we could give. Because of the youth of the parties involved, I think the best option is to carry the child to term and give it up for adoption. There are many childless couples who so want a baby and who would be thrilled to have this child. Some would even be willing to help out with expenses. So I would offer to help investigate those possibilities, knowing that in their anger, the other set of parents may totally reject my offer. The sad truth is that most guys to whom this happens will end up having very little say in whatever happens.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2010