How white is too white? (teeth whitening)

My dh and I have been using those stripes to whiten our teeth and boy it has made a difference we get compliments I do it once in awhile but my dh seems to do it way too often than me. I think bc the guys at work are always giving him a compliment and he is just trying to keep up...we do drink lots of dark drinks...soda, coffee, tea.

This morning he got home from work after working the night shift he was laying in bed and I was standing near the bed talking to him before he went to sleep somehow he said something and smiled really big I was like DAMN I think you should slow down on those strips he says why? we don't even have the lights on and I can almost see all your teeth...He just laughs and turns around...I think I gave him a bigger head.

By the way have you seen the episode with Ross on "Friends" where he whitened his teeth OMG google it is is soo funny. Let me know what you think...believe me it is worth it. ;0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you do need to be careful when whitening your teeth. if your whitening methods work by stripping the outer layer of enamel (whitening toothpastes) then this over time could leave you with too little enamel. enamel can be very difficult to build back up, some dentists don't believe it is possible at all.
    i did see the friends episode with ross, sooo funny!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My dentist tells me that my teeth are plenty white. I usually whiten once a year. I had in mind that I wanted my teeth to look like what I see in movies and TV. But he pointed out that if they are too white they look like dentures or caps. I talked to a salesperson a couple weeks ago and the only thing I remember about her appearance was her snow-white teeth, and my dentist was right, it didn't look natural or even attractive.

Answer by Bmat at 9:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• What is the name of the strips?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I can wear out your teeth if you use them too much. My sister used them too much and her teeth were hurting her after a while.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2010