How to be a good housewife?

I do tidy up here and there but in reality it never gets fully done. I just try to focus on the obvious like dusting and straightening...with kids and my dh (who is another big kid) what woman can keep up...we are not superwomen...you know..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I figure that if the place is hygienic that the job is satisfactory. Clean bathrooms and kitchen, and clean flooring and dusted surfaces in the other rooms. Cobwebs taken down.- anything that would encourage growth of germs or vermin.

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• you join the group "susie homemaker"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I forgot about laundry- clean laundry is good because of the germ thing, too, plus the family needs clean laundry so they look and smell OK.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I stay home with my 12 month old and I also have my 3 yr old cousin living with me. My house is always clean because I like it that way. I have three inside/outside dobermans, and if I don't do the floors every other day then its just disgusting, but these kids still put stuff in their mouths. I consider cooking unfinished until the kitchen is cleaned back up. when my husband and I were both working our house was still always clean. He still continues the chores he was responsible for before we had children, so i don't have to do everything.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The only women I know that have really clean houses have husbands and kids that are not messy AND they help out a lot. I am not that lucky- my kids and DH are messy and their idea of helping out does not match my idea of what a clean room looks like, I agree, no one can keep up AND have sanity in their life. :(
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2010