If you grew up in a spanking family, how did you feel when your siblings got one?

Were you scared you would be next? Did you watch? Did you feel sad for them or sometimes revenge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• See that's what's sick - not only do these parents hit their kids, but they do it infront of their other kids, who then have to watch their brothers and sister being physically hurt by their parents.

Spanking is disgusting, for sickos and child abusers, it needs to be stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Is this question by someone who has a spanking fetish or something?? I guess they must have been spanked as a kid, that's the kid of weirdos that come as a result of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i was usually glad cause my little bro was a brat. he got spanked a lot, i can actually count the number of times i was on one hand! he was so stubborn about the rules & was always messing w/ me. so i usually didnt feel either way, but was glad he was getting in trouble cause he deserved it haha. my parents didnt let us watch each other get spanked, it was never about humiliation. since i was a good kid i never had to worry about being next.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh good grief...you guys are making spanking into some type of "tied up in the basement" type of torture.

Its not like that....quit sensationalizing. Yes, I saw my brother get spankings for wrong behavior, things he did that he should not have done...I saw my parents get together and decide to discipline their children and not let them run over them. I saw my parents love us so much that they would NOT ALLOW us to misbehave b/c it would harm us and our character.

I never saw them as monsters, I saw them as the parents who were in charge of our home and they loved us and hugged us and kissed us. I grew up in a fabulous family whos parents taught and punished us according.

There is a difference between beating and spankings.

Seriously you guys are the reasons kids are running crazy....we have to be such "politically correct" parents that our kids take charge and thats the end.

UGGGGG!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah answer number 4 - if you really thought hitting your kid was okay you would show your real identity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Wow, no wonder kids are out of control these days! Sometimes kids need a wake up call. Spanking is a valid form of discipline when done the correct way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Your not showing yours either....seriously crazy!
    Anonymous

• Once again this is a perfect example of why spanking is not only ineffective but damaging. I agree with anon 8:50, it needs to stop. It serves no purpose other than showing a child that the spanker is a bully who doesn't have the intelligence to figure out an appropriate discipline (btw spanking is a punishment NOT discipline). It bruises the spirit of the target of the abuse and whoever is forced to witness it. Spanking is so barbaric.
    Anonymous

• "It serves no purpose other than showing a child that the spanker is a bully who doesn't have the intelligence to figure out an appropriate discipline"

Very well said.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Its is punishment and discipline the way I do it....thank you.

I stop, gather myself....tell them what they did wrong. Spank and they spend a few minutes thinking about it, then we talk about what they should have done right.

Hugs and kisses.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2010