Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Somethings different about my uncle.

When I was a child he was like my brother, but now he's like my child. He's had substance abuse problems and physical abuse by my grandparents as a child, and has never really gotten on his own feet. he's never held a job for more than a year and never gotten his own apt. He's been homeless too.

I never noticed until he came to live with me, that there's something different about him. Its like he's never matured past 13 or so. He just doesn't think the same way. I cant help to think that he may have had some sort of learning disability that no one picked up on.

My question is, is there some sort of government program that can get him diagnosed and some sort of help? We live in MS


Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Most states have schools for people with disabilities. I'm not sure where you are but I found this..

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Yes there are many state sponsored schools and therapy open to adults. I would start at my Dr's office. They should have information on which ones are available to you.

    Good luck ;)

    Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2010