Babies and ringworm?

My poor little 9 month old has ringworm. We started treating it yesterday the day she got it. If your baby has had it how long did it take to get rid of once you started treatment? IDK where she picked it up but I know I'll be an even bigger germ a phobe now. Lysol is my new BF! Thanks

Fordmomma

Asked by Fordmomma at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on how proactive you are about treatment, AND prevention.

you can get it anywhere- if someone walks in teh house with shoes on, she could have even gotten it from you very own floor.

Do not use bath towels more than once, try to keep the area dry, wash with HOT water and soap every time you come in contact with it, disinfect (bleach- even though Gaill is going to tell you not to, it is a FUNGUS and you need to) every hard surface that you can- light switches, door knobs, everything that gets touched. crib rails, toys need to get thrown into a bucket of warm bleach water.
    Treat it as frequently as you can- remember that it can be transferred on clothing, so you'll be doing more laundry. if you can prevent her from touching it, do so. but DO NOT apply a bandage, it needs to stay DRY.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010