Have you accidentally ever hit a strangers car with your car door before AND didn't notify them that you made some damage to their door?

Meshane

Asked by Meshane at 10:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO, but people do it to my car all the time! It makes me SOOO mad! One guy did it right in front of me and didn't even say anything. He then came back out and did it AGAIN! I said, "Hey! Don't hit my car with your door! I can't afford to have it fixed!" Friends later said I could've gotten his insurance to pay. Wish I would've known that at the time. UGH!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah, not proud of it & have definately gotten my karmic payback from it but when I was 18, didn't get my license till then, I hit someone's car in the parking lot & left. I was driving a big truck & the bumper went all the way up the driver's side end to end. I panicked & left.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No, I would have left a note or something if it was really bad. But one time we were at the mall and we were walking to our car and the guy next to us flung open his door and hit our car. He got in the car and was gettiing ready to leave. Well, I'm a big mouth so I go up to him and was like, 'Excuse me. Were you just about to leave after you slammed your door into our car?' He got all pissy and gave me an attitude so I walked behind his car and took a picture of his license plate. Hubby was so pissed cause he thought he was going to have to fight the guy because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. There was a scratch on the door, but it was nothing major. But still not the point. He saw us there and he knew he hit the car. Boy some people just have no respect for other people.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes, when I was younger, I was parking and hit the door with my side view mirror and busted my mirror and left a big scratch on their car and I left and went to park somewhere else far away. Now, that I'm older and grown up, I feel real guilty, but don't worry, karma came back to bite me in the butt b/c some one hit my bumper while I was at the grocery store and left a big scratch on it like 2 weeks after I had gotten my new car and left.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NO... Someone hit our Range Rover and didn't have the guts to leave a note, or wait for me to come out of the store... The worst thing about it was I was behind the idiot in line, I saw him go in right before me when I parked , and then saw him walk out of the store. I was busy checking out so I didn't see him do it. When I got out to my car I was sick to my stomach... I wanted to drive around town until I found him but I had to get home before our boys got off the bus so I had to let it go... I wouldn't have called the police, or ins company, I would have just asked that we settle up on our own....Now I park away from everyone just so it doesn't get hit again...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have huge guilt over this. I was in Walmart parking lot. I had my two small sons with me. It was a nice day outside. I opened my door and a huge and I mean huge gust of wind came out of nowhere and hurled my door out of my grip and into the door of the car next to mine. This was no small ding, it was a huge gash that was left. No damage to my car at all. I did not know what to do. I panicked and left.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NO. But i have to say I HATE the people that park right on the line so I have to squeeze myself out of my car. Sometimes I just want to hit their car so they dont do it to someone else. I did find that someone hit my car. Of course they didnt leave a note or anything. I have a tiny little car, and I make sure that I park in the middle of the spot, so there was NO reason that someone should reach me..unless they didnt park correctly. But I have a nice red chip on my silver car, and I have a scrape where someone hit my car. I hate parking lots!!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• When I was 16, I think I actually hit a car and drove off. I know, super terrible and OMG! I was in a parking lot at night after an ACT prep course, and I went to back up, and I thought I hit a trash can, but as I pulled back, it was a car. I freaked out and just left. I never had any police show up at my door or anything... and maybe I didn't do any damage because there were other people in the parking lot that would have seen, I think, and nothing was ever brought up.
    I feel really bad now, but what can I do about it 5-6 years later? haha
    I hate when people park really bad and you cant get into your car without your door touching theirs.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2010