Why do so many women hate formula use because it's "unnatual" but then vaccinate their kids with vaccines that are full of unnatual things?

I'm not against fomula use or vaccines - but this seems super hypocritical!!

(Sure go and answer with "I'll get the popcorn", or "stop trying to make controvercy" etc - but I actually want to know, controversy or no controversy)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it's a double standard and your gonna run into those no matter where you go or what you do. It's something we should just accept and live with.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Because I plan to travel internationally w/ my dd so protecting her against diseases is more important than if I intended to only stay in the US w/ her. If I didn't intend to travel w/ her I wouldn't have gotten her vaccinated. No formula for her either!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• unfortunately- it is again misinformation.

I did neither, so I feel free to throw stones... sure I'll get backlash for that. Reality is, I'm NOT going to poison my children to "prevent" something that has been eradicated for decades.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Heh, heh, I vaccinated AND fed my children formula, AND they slept on their tummys, and they CIO a few times. Hub and I also left them with sitters so we could have date nights on occasions. They had sleepovers at young ages with trusted people on occasion. Lets see, what else have I done wrong?? LOL. It's amazing that they are 16 and nearly 11 and healthy and happy. Wow, must be a miracle
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i dont really think you can compare formula to vaccinations... and i am not against formula. i am a little questionable in regardsto the vaccines. but i dont think you can compare the two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yep Breastfed and had all 3 vaccinated. Not too worried about what anyone thinks about it. I didn't have children for anyone else so the way I raise them isn't up to anyone else. I did what I felt was right. I come from a long line of vaccinated family and not one problem with them. I also wanted our children to go to public school so it was a must, and if we were to travel out of the country they are all protected.
    Do what you want with your children, their yours... But please don't tell me how to care for mine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Wearing make up is un natural, hair color is un natural, half the food WE eat is un natural, acrylic nails, shaving our armpits, etc.....can't win seriously. I'm with Zackysmom on this, I formula fed, vaccinated, let my kids watch tv, eat ice cream, hire babysitters to go out once in awhile, and I work a lot of hours while my hubby stays home. Just think my kids are the future adults of our society.....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't hate formula. I felt I could give my children something that was better suited for each of their bodies. I did supplement here and there. But I am way too cheap to formula feed. Why pay for something that I can give for the cost of my time. I was sahm anyway.

And as for vaccines. Give me a better alternative to something that protects my children from diseases which are not completely eradicated everywhere - and we travel quite a bit - and I would give it to them. The have had chicken pox, they don't need to do measles and mumps or polio. Typhoid nearly killed their grandfather. Think I'll protect them thank you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• LOL Stef, it's amazing not only our children survived, but that we did as well. Back when my mom was pregnant, women would have the occasional glass of wine, breastfeeding wasn't really done back then, so a good portion of my generation were formula fed. I'm just so glad that things weren't as "uptight" when I had my kids as they are now. It seems no matter what or how you do things with your baby, you are wrong. It's really sad
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i agree with mrsleftlane. you do what works for you and makes you the best mom you can be. youre their mom, you know what is best for you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2010