What do you think is the right time for baby #2?

I have a son that will be 1 at the end of this month. My husband and I are considering try for #2 around August. What do you think?

jerraevans

Asked by jerraevans at 10:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• There is no RIGHT time to have another child, but deffinately WRONG times. And only yu and hub can decide that. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The World Health Organization recommends at least 3 years before ttc for the health of the mother and the baby. If your child is at least 3 almost 4 it makes it a lot easier taking care of the two children.

Having two children under 2 or even under 3 is very difficult. The moms on cm comfirm that all the time. It's not good for anyone in the family.

Women have a strong biological drive to have babies but that doesn't mean it is the best thing to do at the current time.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Only you and your huuby will know when the right time is for you guys. We can not tell you that. Everyone feels differently about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It all depends. Can you afford another? How would you manage a toddler and newborn? Asking questions along those lines will help you and hubby decide, but only you and hubby can make that decision.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Gailll... I totally disagree. I agree with Zakysmommy. I have an 18 month old and a 5 month old. I didnt plan it... and it was definitely no strong biological drive for me!!! But it is working out great. I do not even find it difficult. I have great kids, and they are already best friends. We live out of state from my family, so i am also pretty much without any help. It is just me and my husband (and he is at work 80% of the time). My two babies and I do everything together. zoo, museum, parks, grocery store, target, ect. It just takes more time getting in and out of the car. If this is something you and youre husband want and can handle emotionally and financially... then I say go for it. Good luck!
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Also.... in regards to Gaills comment, children in general are work. whether there are one or five of them! and whether they are 2 months, two, or twenty two!
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Thanks Everyone! You were very helpful =)
    jerraevans

Answer by jerraevans at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010