SAHMs - do you have a college degree?

If so, do you plan to use it when the kids get older?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when my son gets older I do infact plan to use it I have a photography degree at the age of 19 I hope to further my education and raise my family well
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• yes. i am 26 and have a bachelors of science from drexel university. my husband and i went to the same college. i got pregnant only 7 months after graduating... and i worked full tiem up until the day before i had my first. now i have 2 and only my husband goes to work... and i stay home with the little ones. it is really hard. and money is always an issue. it definitely does give you the power in the relationship... at least in my household. and it is very hard for me to handle at times. when my kids start school... i plan on going back to work. even if it is part time. i need that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm a nurse by profession. I don't plan on using it when the kids get older because I don't EVER want to work as a nurse again. I do, however, keep my license active just in case I need to use it. I homeschool now and I plan on doing this until they graduate so I'm not sure what I'll do when homeschooling is finished.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes I have degrees in both pharmaceutical biotechnology and History w/ my 9-12 teaching cert. I may and I may not - I really would prefer to SAH until they are in college, but it 's looking like I may need to work when they get a little older to pay for their sports and extracurricular activities (unless my dh gets an incredible raise between now and then!)
    I would like to substitute teach when they get in school, which I guess is using one of my degrees in a way because I get more pay since I'm certified, but not really.

Answer by missanc at 11:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. I have a degree in music education. I plan to become a band director when my daughter goes to school. At the very least, I will teach private flute lessons. :)
    lubbockmommy510

Answer by lubbockmommy510 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Grad 2001 from NC State University. B.A. Social Work. I plan on going back to for Masters when DD starts school.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No I dont have one. I dont feel I am uneducated though. I was an art major. I miss it!!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. I have a B.S in Human Resources Management (2000 from Univ. of SC) and a J.D. (2004 from Nova Southeastern University). I passed the SC bar in 2004 and practiced law and was a human resources manager until 3 days before I gave birth. I will go back to work when our last child is in school - whenever that may be.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm one year shy of my BS in Psychology.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have a degree in sociology, I think it I use it everyday volunteering at their schools, explaining life to my kids etc. I might go back to get an MSW I might not. I am satisfied as a SAHM and would prefer to be even when my children are older.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2010