Do you think it is okay if your husband's mom still buys him boxers and deoderant?

I find it completely inappropriate but I'm curious if my feelings are the norm. If it's easier for you, how appropriate do you think it is on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being extremely appropriate and 10 being absolutely inappropriate/ridiculous.
Thanks! ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Although it sounds odd to me for her to still be doing this I'd say its not at all important. If she buys the boxers and deo he likes then thats just a couple less things you have to add to your grocery list. I can see how it might be annoying, but as long as she isn't overbearing in other areas of your relationship..don't sweat the small stuff.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• wow... mamas boy? lol i would give it a 10. thats crazy. she needs to let the guy grow up and learn to let him go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think its fine. I mean I wouldn't encourage it, but it's not worth making a scene over. She's holding on to a part of him symbolically. My MIL used to still buy my husband boxers all the time not even realizing he'd gone up a size over the years. I had to point it out. I think it's about a 4 to be honest. I think to be honest it's her problem letting go and with control and I wouldn't make it yours.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Doesn't happen in my house but I would care either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• 1 - I love it when my mom and my MIL buys anything for us, it's that much less we have to spend out of our already tight budget! His parents have bought us jumbo size paper towels and napkins from BJs, they buy us boxes of diapers all the time for our little one (I think we've bought like 2 since he was born - he's 14 months), his mom will make supper and bring it over for us, I love it! My mom bought my dh a shirt the other day because she was out and saw it on sale and made her think of him. I think it's really nice.

Answer by missanc at 11:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• LOL...mine doesnt but if she did..I don't think I'd really care. Now, I would care if it was say..the ex wife still buying him that stuff,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• 7/8. A little overbearing but hey, its just undies. My FIL cleaned my husbands car on the inside one time. My hubby was like 24? Uh ok.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Way inappropriate. Sounds like the tip of the iceberg. I imagine she oversteps in a lot of other ways too. Right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I am all for my MIL buying things like that. It makes her feel good AND gives us more money to spend on what we want not need.
    TDausman

Answer by TDausman at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i think it is fine. they are just necessities. like socks. she picks them up and gives them to him. no big deal. now you dont need to buy it. my family gives me victorias secret gift cards. thats like the same thing. now if you and your MIL were out shopping together, and you picked up underwear for him.. and she had the nerve to say something like "oh he prefers this kind"... i think that would be inappropriate.
    Anonymous