do u have ur own schedule for cleaning?

I am just wondering if anyone sets up a cleaning schedule for urself or just clean a little bit everyday different parts of ur house? sometimes i feel like i forget what i previously cleaned. what i mean is like vacuum daily, dust daily, mop on sundays. ect. i am going to school fulltime and have to take care of the baby and the house is seeming a little overwelming sometimes. btw i am a single mother so i have noone else to do these things. any suggestions appreciative.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 11:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have a certain time of the day i spend working on the house, there are things i do everyday dishes , laundry, picking up the livingroom, clean the kitchen as i go etc. then there are things i do weekly like deep clean the bathroom.

I try to fit it in the mornings because i have more time to do it then but somedays i do it in the afternoon if i have a busy morning, so i would say i am flexible about my schedule but things get done daily.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• thanks. i try to do things daily like pick up and dishes and babies things. but the floor i do it every other day and the vacuum i do like every third day. just am very busy with my school schedule and house schedule is hard to fit in sometimes and all other things life throws at ya. i use to do it all on sundays. that was my cleaning day which was working fine until school started. maybe i will have to go back to that and once i get a job and go back to work it will be even more hectic. have to figure it out now makes it easier.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have made myself schedules, but i have terrible follow. Here is an example of one of mine:

Monday: Kid's Bedroom's (I have two SKs and one daughter)
    Tuesday: Bathroom
    Wednesday: Bedroom (our Bedroom)
    Thursday: Living Room
    Friday: Dining Room & Game Room
    Saturday: Kitchen
    Sunday: Stairwell & Back Porch (also laundry room)

Dishes: either first thing in the morning or right after my daughter goes to bed (she is 19 months)
    Laundry: one load a day minimum.....just to try and keep up with it. You have no idea how much laundry we get! Its insane!
    Vacuum/Sweep: I tend to do all of it one a level at a time (the kids bedrooms are upstairs). So, sometimes I vacuum or sweep the same room a couple times a week. I only mop though once a week.
    Once a day, I try to pick up toys and such that end up on the floor. Also, I am working on getting the kids to understand putting things away AS SOON AS they are done with i
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• yes I made a chore chart with me having to clean two rooms a day and i put the chart on the fridge so I knwo what needs to be done for that day
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010