How long has itt taken you to lose you "baby weight" if you have at all lol.

I had my baby....almost 3 years ago....and I still have not lost the weight of having him in my belly. It seems so hard to get rid of. Now I work out every day....and barely have seen results...I feel so guilty, disgusted, and awful about my body...I just cant seem to get smaller or even toned. If I had it my way, I would love to lose 40lbs...sad to think I'm carrying around almost as much as my almost 3 yr old weighs lol.. so to the women who HAVE lost their baby weight, how DID you DO it?? And to the women who are still trying..what are you doing? And have you seen any results?? And how does it make you feel lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I joined sparkpeople.com for meal plans and goal setting, and I challenged myself and my family to 300 miles in one year. Now I have motivation. :)
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 11:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My 2nd, and last, 'baby' will be 3 next month, I've been struggling to lose about 25 pounds since he was born, and never really lost the weight from my 1st baby. I finally got very strict and very serious once and for all on 1/4/10, I've lost 13 pounds so far, and am on my way and actually see light at the end of the tunnel! I'm going to do it this time! I'm using weight watchers online and am working out at the gym 3x per week, wish it could be more, but what can you do. I do 45 mins hard cardio and about 15 mins weight training.

How is your diet?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I lost all my baby weight about a week after giving birth with both my kids.
    I've lost it all, and then some.
    I'm like 103lbs.
    Anonymous

• :02 is not normal, don't listen to her. She probably has the metabolism of a marathon runner and is probably under 20 years old. Don't be discouraged by that. For the rest of us, its not easy...
    Anonymous

• i am like anon :02. i am 26. i weighed around 103 when i got pegnant with my first. went up to 136... lost most of it within 3 weeks... and then was back to normal about 4 months later. with baby #2 i was 103 when i got pregnant. went up to about 125. and then lost it all within 2 weeks. i now weigh 99lbs... 5 months later.

everyone is different. dont worry about it. just try to exercise.
    Anonymous

• #1 took about 6 months to lose the WEIGHT - the flab is still there.
    #2 took a week (I got sick after having her)
    #3 took a week as well.

but the flab and extra skin is all there still.

check sparkpeople.com, and I really suggest checking out Eating Clean. its worked wonders for me recently.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I gained 24 pounds and it was all gone in about two months.

I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Some people have fast metabolisms. However, I have been athletic my whole life, fit and muscular. I now have an 8 month old and a lack of motivation to eat right and stick to a workout routine. The thing that helped me in the past was I ate very healthy.

I ate oatmeal for breakfast, and premade my meals of chicken (mrs dash only for seasoning) 1/2 of brown rice and 1/2 of green veggies. You can mix up chicken and fish if you want. but I ate that 3 times a day. and gave myself one cheat day.

I lost over 20 lbs in 1 month..also walk if you can
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010