Will his hair ever be curly?

My son is mixed. His father is Jamaican, actually born there as well. Thick, long dreads. A dark caramel complexion. Big brown eyes. I am white. Blond hair, blue eyes, very fair skin. Now my son is light. His body is actually darker than his face..
He was born with a full head of dark curly hair. Now its darkish.. not curly unless its wet. But it has like light highlights to it.
Will his hair turn curly? I ahve heard that lots of mixed children dont get curly hair until their older. But he was born with it. It just started falling out at like 2 months. He is now seven months..

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think he is going to have soft curly hair. My DD is 2yrs old & her body is darker than her face too. Her hair started getting curly as her hair grew. Just give it time when his hair gets longer it will get curly.
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My daughter had black hair at birth, then it started growing in more straight and very light brown. She's now about to turn 14 months and has light brown extra curly hair! It started to curl around 10 months.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• put a pic up here it will b easier for us to tell
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I couldn't even begin to tell you, but, my son is white..but, he was born really dark..and his hair was jet black and really wavy almost looked crimped. LOL He now is almost and exact replica of Harry Potter from the earlier movies. HAha

So, I can say, they can change dramatically. Yours just might become dark with curls or turn pale with straight hair.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have never seen a mixed child without curly hair but i supose it could happen
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 12:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010