What will happen if??

I went for my 32 week appointment today and they told me that i am messuring big and they scheduled me for an untrasound thursday to messure the baby, so what happens if he does messure bigger then he is suppose to be?

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• take it all with a grain of salt, ultrasounds can be WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY off
    at 36 weeks I was measuring small... the ultrasound estimated him at 8lbs 8 oz at that time... he was born at 42 weeks weighing 7 lbs 9 oz
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't worry if i were you. ultrasounds can be very inaccurate.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i agree, they often will say baby is big and then baby will end up being average sized. some providers will try to say you should get induced though, but i would flat out refuse that just for them saying your baby looked big. :) you can also refuse the u/s if you want. =) of course it could be that your due date is a bit off, but most likely not
    Anonymous

• I always show 4 weeks ahead. I had and ultrasound and was told my baby was 9 lbs. with both. Well here came a 6lb 10oz for my first and 6lbs 3oz for my second. Ultrasounds can be way off. Everyone's grows differently. I have a uterus that is tilted forward so I show big. Plus I carry extra water.

Anonymous

• i was maesuring big too. they told me at 35 wks my bsby was almost 8 lbs, he was born at 37 wks at 6lbs. i was all water
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i just gave birth on the 20 and i measured big the whole time i was pregnant at 30 weeks they said he weighed 7 lbs i had him at 37 weeks and he weighed 8 ibs 4.5 oz si i figure they were close but if the baby is big atleast he is healthy and you may get them sooner than your due date.
    kamrynsmommie

Answer by kamrynsmommie at 12:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It's usually nothing. Could be a full bladder, the way the baby is sitting, etc.
    If it is something it could be your baby is bigger in size then it should be. That's not a big deal.
    There could be too much fluid, or other things. The OB that was new to my OB office never really told me all that could be wrong. She didn't want to scare me, which irritated me. I want to know all possibilities. Turned out at the next appointment it was nothing but how the baby was sitting. I measured perfect the next appointment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• thanks everyone
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my u/s measurements were never correct. 2 days before delivering #2 they said she was an 11pounder, she was born weighing 7pounds. #3 was supposed to be teeny tiny a couple days before delivery - she was 7lb11oz.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My cousin went in for her ultra sound at 38 weeks and they told her that her baby was 11 pounds 6 ounces. They told her to go get her things and got to the hospital because they had to do a c-section because he was getting too big. He weighed 6 pounds 1 ounce at birth!

Do NOT rely on ultra sounds and do NOT let them induce you or give you a c-section because "they baby is to big"
    Anonymous