Should I wait for another daycare?

I've had two babysitters cancel on me for some reason or another. I have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays all day. I have to put him in daycare. All the ones around here are full except for two. I haven't heard bad things about these two but I'm not sure if I should wait for another one or what. My other choice is to take my son to my parents who live two hours away and leave him there until Friday. I can't really miss school either. I'm hoping we get snowed out tomorrow (there's also about six inches of snow where my parents are so taking him up there today might be a problem). The one I really want has a six person waiting list and I know I can't wait that long. Some daycares are closed today and I was wondering if I should just put him in today or should I wait until it's not snowy and try and find another one?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• never put your child in a place that you are not comfortable with.....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree with peanutsmommy .. Never put your child in a daycare that you haven't researched and know without a doubt it'll be a great place to watch your child. These are strangers that will be caring for your child. You want to know the in's and outs, talk to all the parents who have their kids there, etc.

I would just take your kid to your parents house for now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah. I don't know anyone in this town. I can't take my kid to my parents house..there's six inches of snow on the roads now. My old baby sitter knows a girl that works at one of them and says their good. I trust her judgment in those things.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Do you have a friend or neighbor you can trade child care with?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010