Why not give your child Step Two formula?

If you can afford it why switch to milk? Isn't step two formula geared towards meeting the nutritional needs of a toddler more effectively than cows milk?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I gave my son step two. That being said I'm not a vegan and dont' understand why we eat/drink cows milk in the first place.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• not needed thats why. i ddint ffel my kids needed that stuff. even their pediatrician said it was pointless
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Toddlers don't need cow's milk at all. Altered cow's milk formula is used in place of human milk for the first year just so infants will survive. After that there is no need to drink milk. Even in the dietary recommendations for toddlers only 2 servings are recommended. Since toddlers like so many things with milk it can be hard to keep it down to 2 servings with just food.

Drinking milk can cause constipatiion, anemia, obesity, and other problems. Like everyone else, toddlers should drink water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• lol oh gaill your funny. do you relaly believe all the crap you right. i drank milk all my life even before my mom stop nusting me. i never had constipation,. i was always underweight and the reason. yeah try getting my dd to drink water, she wont even drink milk. my ds is 1 1mts and on whole milk and he will get whole milk until he doenmst want to drink it, oh and my kids are not fat or have anemian or any probles you mention
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i give my daughter step two before bed. mainly bcshe likes it, and i dont think it will hurt. only help. she gets cows milk and water, juice during the day.
    Anonymous

• i always hate gaillls answers. even the times that i agree, i think she comes off rude.
    Anonymous

• It isn't needed. The child is getting all that it needs through table foods. There isn't any need to continue with formula.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Kids don't need cow's milk. Just stick with water...that is what is actually needed. Step 2 formula can't hurt, but, it might take the place of nutrition that should come from a balanced diet anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't give my children formula of any kind. It's nasty, smelly, artificial crap that's often recalled. My kids deserve better.
    Anonymous

• Because they don't need it. By the time they would be ready for the Step 2 formula, they should be eating a balanced well rounded diet that gives them all the nutrition they need.
    btw - it's not geared towards the needs of a toddler, it's geared towards making the company more $$$

Answer by missanc at 12:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010