is sex safe after delivery?

I had my son on jan 20 so this wed he will be 3 weeks and i had sex last night is this ok? i had him c-section so should i worry i hurt myself? i only have a little cramping. also how soon after delivery can you get pregnant?

kamrynsmommie

Asked by kamrynsmommie at 12:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i waited the full 6 wks like my doctor said,. i hope you used protection or are on birth control
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Don't know why you are asking if it is ok. You already did it. I for one wait till my Dr says at my 6 week appt that it is is ok and safe to have sex again. There is a reason they have you wait. you need time for the uterus to heal. Remember there was a big opening where the placenta was. You can get a infection if it is not healed. With a c-section. You were sewn from the uterus, muscles and skin. you can not see if you uterus or muscles are healed yet. That is why a Dr will say to wait till you have your 6 week appt. There are other ways of being intimate with each other.

Anonymous

• I had to c-sections and waited 5 weeks and then 3 weeks. Just be very careful and use protection. You are VERY fertile just after having a baby.
    Anonymous

• I just had my son on the 29th..... My doctor told me to wait 6 weeks!! I'm waiting the 6 weeks... cause that's what I'll get my birth control... I'm giving myself time to heal... I'm not risking anything! amen to the second anonymous person... took all the words out of my mouth!
    Anonymous