Is it normal for your breast to grow 2 or more sizes 4 months after having a baby?

I had a baby four months ago and all of a sudden last week my breast have grown at least 2 sizes bigger. they literally have popped out of my bra so much that I have to go buy new ones. I thought my breast would grow in the first couple of weeks after the baby, but not four months. Any thoughts? yes I do breastfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It just means you have a lot more milk now. Mine went from a b to a d. Then after breat feeding they went down to an a. I was upset at first but then I tought about all the good they did so I'm ok with it :)
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 12:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It doesn't mean you have more milk...your breasts are factories, not storage units. But YES. Normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• could you be pregnant? I have never heard of boobs suddenly becoming that much bigger after months of breatfeeding - however I am definitely not an expert. I'd give your doctor a call. good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well mine grew because they had more milk. I went from pumping 3-4 oz to getting up to 10 out of one side. So yes...It could just be that you are producing more milk.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2010