cleanin a cast

My 14 month old is in a cast right now and its coming off Wed, but the thing is that he got peanut butter on it! I have been really trying to keep it clean but i oops-ed.....he just got a baby spoon with it so not a lot, but anyway its on the cast now and I cant get it clean. I tried just a wet rag, and a rag with dish soap.....how in the world do I get the peanut butter off?????

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Don't get it wet. That will soften it up and that's not good. If it's coming off on Wed., I'd just wipe off as much as I can, maybe let it dry a bit and scrub at it with a hard bristle brush, and then just leave it alone. It won't get too gross before Wed. It's not that big a deal that it got stuff on it. I had a cast for a broken ankle last year, and it got filthy just from existing. They expect them to get somewhat dirty, and being that he's only 14 mos, I'm sure they expect it to be even dirtier.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Let it dry and scrub it with a dry old toothbrush.
    Anonymous

• thanks ladies! he only has the cast to cover stitches on his hand, so its not to set a bone or anything. but for his age they obviously wont keep gauze or bandages on. ya i figure they expect a lil to get dirty, i guess i was just stressin it lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010