How many negatives did you get before you saw a positive

During your month to see if you were pregnant, did you have to take a home pregnancy test several times before you got your positive? If so, how many times did you pee on a stick until either a positive showed up or realized this wasn't your month.

momma_of_kyky

Asked by momma_of_kyky at 12:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never. I always waited till I was a week late and then test.
    Anonymous

• The only negatives I ever had were when I really wasn't. If I had any inkling I was pregnant, the test came out positive.
    Anonymous

• Zero. I tested a day before I expected my period both times and both times it was positive.
    Anonymous

• 0.

With my first child I took a very early pregnancy test about 4 days before I expected my period. I miscarried just hours later and if I hadn't known I was pregnant I would have just thought my period was earlier. It was the most physically painfully and heavy period like bleeding I ever experienced. Emotionally...It was awful. I stood in my shower with hot water pouring on my back to deal with the physical pain crying my eyes out over the emotional pain.

With my second I was scared God was just messing with me so I waited a week thinking surely I wasn't pregnant. We had been trying for so long and I had decided that something was wrong with me. I even threw up the day before I found out and just decided I had gotten to hot since it was June in Texas. Took a pregnancy test the next morning and got a BFP one week after my period was expected.

With my 3rd pregnancy I took one 14DPO and got a BFP.
    Anonymous

• I have never gotten a negative on a pregnancy test since I was 20 (I'm 36). Each of the 5 times I've taken one, I've been pregnant! This last one I took the test on the day I was supposed to get my period and it was positive.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• With this one, counting the times before the miscarriage, 5. Why are you asking, Kristi? Are you trying again?
    sjump25

Answer by sjump25 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Sent you a message Sarah!
    momma_of_kyky

Answer by momma_of_kyky at 4:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I only tested negative about 2 or 3 times and those times I really wasn't pregnant. With both pregnancies I was extremely exhausted and decided to try and take a pregnancy test and ended up getting a positive the first time.
    Michellesmom06

Answer by Michellesmom06 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I only took one test each time i found out i was pregnant. are you pregnant??
    KatieM

Answer by KatieM at 2:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2010