What should I do if my husband is calling me???

My husband calls me a whore and/or b**ch in front of our girls and his family/friends. I could be just sitting watching television or eating at the dinner table and he starts whispering it or "coughing" saying the word. I don't call him names, I don't even know why he does it. I"m just frustrated with him. I just loook at him to stop. Even his parents tell him it's mean as they chuckle. I do call him names when we are fighting, but I say sorry. He just does it for no reason.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• what do you tell him when he does that?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think that is very disrespectful and it would make me feeel like shit... my husband gets pissed and walks around singing little songs like biotch you are such a biotch but it still makes me sooooo mad i wanna hit him w/ a stick ... but not in front of family and friends..... i prob would hit him w/ a stick lol!
    Anonymous

• He's being very mean and abusive by calling you names. Tell him, firmly, to stop and that you do not like it. If he continues to do it, you need to either get counseling or get out.
    Anonymous

• you just need to tell him that you don't like it, even if he is just trying to be funny or get you wound up. Tell him it makes you feel like he has know respect for you and that he needs to start treating you better. I'm going through this with my husband. He's nice until he is drunk and I tell him that I think he's had anuff (witch believe, he has) then I'm a cunt and a bitch and everything else in the book. I told him that I deserved better and he better start trying to treat me the way I should be treated. So now he goes around singing made up songs about how he loves Amber. But who knows what he will do when he starts drinking again. It sounds like your husband is just trying to be funny. Next time he says whore, try wispering something like "small dick" back at him, and if he gets mad, tell him to stop calling you names, and you'll stop saying mean things.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My husband has NEVER called me any of those names not even when we fight.... I would let him know that it makes you feel bad and embarrases you when he does this in front of family and friends... Just ask him to not do it anymore... LOL... Or maybe in front of his friends call him little dick or something like that then he gets a taste of his own medicine!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 1:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i would leave is sorry a$$. he has no respect and is doing it just to start something and see how far he can take it with you. seeing how much he can control you, the longer you stay with him doing that the worse it will be and harder it will be to leave.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• start calling his fag and asshole...... dumb ass let him know how it feels!
    Anonymous

• He's teaching your girls that it's normal to be spoken to like that. I'd be honest with him and say it (in front of your girls) "that's hurtful and not a nice thing to say to someone". You can't stop him but you can teach your daughters that it's wrong. Unfortunately, if you stay and keep allowing it they will still think a bf or dh is supposed to treat them so disrespectfully. It is making it familiar to them and they will seek out men who talk to them that way.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm with admckenzie...if they see this go on long enough- they are going to think that it's ok and that they can be treated like crap
    also what she said about telling him that it isn't a nice thing to say to someone I think I'd go with that
    If it continues I would get couseling or leave like anon:15 said

there is NO reason he should say those things to you
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That is terrible that he does that. Have you tried telling him how you feel. If that were me I would tell him it hurts my feelings and makes me sad. If he continued I couldn't put up with it and leave him. It's also disgusting that he does it in front of your kids. They are going to think that it's ok for men to treat them that way. Either way you look at it it's abuse.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010