So who pays for it?

Some jerk ran into my fence this morning. Lovely. To top it off, I didn't get to see who it was so now guess who gets to pay for it. That's right. Us! How rude can you get! Fencing is not cheap and we have a dog that needs that fence. I hate people. I really do.

So what would you do in this situation?

PhoenixFire

Asked by PhoenixFire at 1:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yuck.. have some Wine and go to bed.. call it a day.. sorry!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• contact your insurance company.

you can also file a police report, maybe someone in the area saw it happen.
    Anonymous

• Some drunk took out my mail box a couple years ago. We had to pay for it too. If you own your house you can call your insurance. We rent, so, we just paid for a nicer mailbox then what we had and called it a day.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The only thing you really can do is to make a police report and hope they find the person...but even if they do,chances are they won't have the money to pay for it anyway..otherwise they would have stayed at the scene. Some people are such jeks.Hope your day gets better!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I know how you feel. We have not had that thing happen but someone backed into my hubbys truck in a parking lot once and left and our mailbox has been broken twice, and just recently someone broke into our car and took all kinds of things. I just do not understand people. It is like there is no moral code left in a lot of people. It hurts me more than the actual things that they take or break. It is like no one cares. I hope that you are able to get you fence fixed. And when it comes to the money thing I know exactly how you feel it is not like you have a ton of money to just throw out the window, at least I do not. I hope your day gets better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• suck it up and go on. I'm sorry that happened, it's not fair and it's not right but that's about all you can do.
    Anonymous