I need help potty training!!!!!

My daughter is 3 and a half. She needs to start school soon but I cant get her pottytrained. She refuses to go potty . She can tell us that she peed or pooped. She was going potty before I gave birth to my second daughter now she refuses. Should i start potty trianing my 19 month old and hopefully my oldest will follow. Please remember if you dont have any thing nice to say dont leave a cooment please..

proudmom1626

Asked by proudmom1626 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you could start potty training the little one, my girl was fully potty trained by 20 months...but she did that herself. Have you tried letting her run around naked, and if she poops on the floor make her pick it up with papper tawols? I know that sounds mean, but she is 3 and a half and knows not to pee or poop on the floor. I had to do that with my son when he was about your kids age. He just was to lazy to go to the potty. he used to scream for a diaper when he had to go...cause he was naked. If they have to clean up thier own pess, they will start going to the rest room.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Put her in undies only. Make a big deal out if it, and absolutely don't go back to diapers or pull ups (except at night). She'll get it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would also do just undies -- we just stayed home for a few days hunkered down focusing on potty training and it worked. And I think training the two of them together sounds like a fine idea. Group trips to the potty could be fun for both of them. They can cheer one another on. I trained my first at 19 months... she now she really enjoys "teaching" her little sister, now 17 months, how to go... she gets this little teacher tone, it's cute. Maybe your big girl can "teach" your little one and learn for herself at the same time. (There's a method based on this using a doll that pees).This sometimes works for me to get both of my girls to eat their vegetables -- "Quentin, will you show your little sister how we eat our peas?" ANd she'll say, "Greta, look, this is how we eat our peas..." as she shovels a huge spoonful into her mouth, a huge smile on her face (not having anything to do with the peas before that moment). GL
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Of course she won't go potty, why would she when you've allowed her to poop and pee in a diaper this long? Good luck with that!
    Anonymous

• What do you know there is always that one that answers anonymousz and has put other people when im asking for help. Leave your rude comments out or did you not read that part!!!!! bitch
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• She probably just wants some attention focused on her instead of the baby. Maybe if you try a reward system. Chocolate milk or a piece of candy when she goes potty.
    4starsmom

Answer by 4starsmom at 9:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• So i tried everything everything everyone said. She has had 2 accidents all day. She's going potty and # 2 on the potty. She now is refusing to wear a diaper thank you everyone.
    proudmom1626

Answer by proudmom1626 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010