Please tell me what you think.

I really want to have another baby. My husband makes decent money that we could live on his paycheck alone. We already have 1 dd who is alomost two. If I have another one I will become a sahm. The only thing that stops me from getting pregnant is material things. For instance I need about $3000 dollars in Copay of dental work, I don't want to get pregnant before I fix my teeth. Hubby has been wanting a mountain bike for like six months he never buys himself anything.He works really hard and deserves it. It's about 2 grand. We really need new couches, a new car and other things. We could still get these things off of only dhs paycheck it would just take longer. I sit sometimes and think these are only material things a new baby would bring so much more joy. I guess it's one of those things that if you keep making excuses it will never be the right time. Please give me advice ladies. I really don't need to hear anything negative

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• DH and I have only one child because we can afford the "extras" in life that having 2 would take away.. some may see it as selfish, but it only matters what DH and I think
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• only you and DH can decide if you should have another child
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That is obvious but i'm asking for opinions. I'm asking if other moms think i'm basing my decision on material things. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this.

OP
    Anonymous

• I agree only the two of you can decide if you want a new child or to put it on hold for the things you want. Of course I would never spend $2,000 on a bike when the $200 models at Wal-Mart are just as good....and $400 couches from Big Lots or American Freight as the same as the $1,000+ in furniture stores....to me I put off new things for the house or myself for the kids...and have, I have a second hand sofa and other furniture that I slip covered and painted.
    Anonymous

• Sounds to me like you need to decide what is more important to the two of you. Having another child or being able to afford the extras?
    Personally...When I met my current hubby, I already had a child from a previous marriage and he did not. We really wanted another child. We both had good jobs. In fact, I swore I was going to retire from my job. But my desire to have a child together was stronger. We finally had a child. I gave up my job after our son was born. Sure we can't afford the things we used but we have changed our priorities. Now that our son is older I am working from home so that I can bring in some extra income but I am still available for my children whenever they need me.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Thanks ladies for your opinions.

OP
    Anonymous