Need help sorting out these names?

Okay so both me and my boyfriend hae om up with names for our twin girls mine are: Zakia and Zakiya. They would be in honor of my twin boys that I lost last year Zakkai and Zakai I had gotten them out of this african american baby book of names. Both set of names have a meaning to them Zakai and Zakia means pure and intelligent Zakiya and Zakkai means pure righteousness. I know that they sound kind of ghetto but they have meanings to them. Which I think is very important when naming children. The names that he is in love are London and Paris. In the beginning I didn't like them but then they started to grow on me. So I changed them for him, taking in the whole people won't be able to pronounce the other names and they would have a higher chance getting jobs with the names he chose. Plus I noticed that he was so much happier with his names. Their whole name would be London Inetta Flunder and Paris Lovette Flunder.

twins870

Asked by twins870 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well since London and Paris would be emulating Suite life of Zack and Cody - the heiress's name is London and has a cousin Paris.

do you pronounce them the same? that would be REALLY confusing?
    Anonymous

• Sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful but I don't like either names Paris and London are just too Cheesy and the other names sound too similar. People are really going to mess them up. I don't like the name Lovette because of a girl in highschool.
    Anonymous

• I think those names are too similar, I'm not a fan of "matchy" names for twins.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• awww, you have my sympathy for losing your twin boys last year. I think its amazing that you are pregnant with twins again! :) Congratulations. I can understand wanting to name the girls in honor of your boys. I think they names are different and have a pretty sound...not "ghetto" at all. But they are very similiar and I think it would be kinda like a tongue twister after a while. I like London and Paris...I think it would be cute for twin girls to be given names like that.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I didn't even think of ghetto when I first read the original names for the girls drawn from the other twins. And I'm sorry for your losses. Congratulations on these babies May ALL GO WELL!!!!!

London and Paris just are too obviously out there jmo. Just not pretty sounding more masculine names. To honor your heritage are there African American women authors you can name them or from another part of history for you, U S History the names are significant?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Please give them a generic middle name option like London Elizabeth and Paris Michelle. Then when your girls grow up they can choose to go with their middle names if they prefer.

Anonymous

• I like the names you chose and the reasons you chose them, but I think the similarity in the names is going to cause a lot of trouble. The names your boyfriend chose are ok, but I don't really care for them unless they also have some special meaning to you. I would tell him that Paris remind you too much of Paris Hilton, and you really don't want to name your baby after her.
    Anonymous

• Firstly, CONGRATS on the twins. I'm a twin, so I personally love hearing about other sets. : )

I agree that Paris and London are a bit cheesy. I do like the Z names, but I'm not sure on the pronunciation myself. They looked like they would be pronounced the same way. I love the idea of honoring your lost set. I think that is very sweet and a great idea.

Maybe you could come up with a different spelling or slightly different variations of the Z names to make them less ghetto looking, if you want.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• definitely the anon above had it Paris = Paris and London Tipton of Suite life of Zack and Cody - terrible show on Disney for the preteens. wouldn't want to curse anyone to that association. lol

how do you pronounce each one? because the way I see it spelled it looks like you have the same name spelled 2 ways.

can you vary it or maybe use those names as their middle names?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010