Have ever had an idea that was later invented?

I started using something similar to the perfect brownie pan years ago and I could just kick myself for not applying for a patent for that creation. What was your idea?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• dh had the grab it, i think that's what its called. Long stick w/claw that you can grab things. He thought of it like 20yrs ago when he wasnt feeling well and didnt want to move but wanted to grab the tvguide.
    Anonymous

• 15years ago me and my husband were sitting around and he had the idea of what is not "on demand" pisses me off still!~
    Anonymous

• i mean what is NOW called On demand..lol!!
    Anonymous

• The Leap Frog Puppy Pal I told by husband over a year ago. The only difference was mine has more options. I have other ideas for toys and household items but can't afford to do the patent or trademark. If I could find someone to foot the $$ for that and I receive a cut and then royalties, I'd let them claim it was their idea as long as I still have input.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• When I had my first child I looked EVERY where for a diaper bag pack pack... at EVERY price point and couldnt find one.

I designed one, had a seamstress friend of mind look at the plan.... and then being a sahm got the better of me and the idea was put aside.

LOL... there isnt a store or price point where you can NOT find one now. silly silly me.

Anonymous

• My friend was making adjustable waist line pants 12 years ago, before they were in stores, she is still kicking her self in the butt
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We had thought about creating an equestrian safety helmet in the shape of a cowboy hat for about 5 years, never did anything. They are now available by one company. It sucks I agree.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• This is going to sound so crazy, and probably funny, but my friend and I "invented" what we called the "hoo-ha wizzy cup." Someone else invented it and called it the shepee (shepee.com). It's a plastic thing that allows women to stand up and pee. We jokingly thought of it when we were waiting in line to pee at a concert. The women's line was sooooo long and the men's line was empty. We said, "wouldn't it be great if we could stand up and pee. We should invent something where it allows a woman to stand up and pee!" LOL, it was more of a joke, but then all of a sudden we saw one somewhere in the camping section of a store.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I saw a friend with one of those "Hooter Hiders" nursing covers last year and I had thought when I was nursing, that I could come up with something that was made of lightweight fabric, that would stay on. However, at the time, I didn't have time to actually sit down and create it but I had it in my mind. Dangit, someone stole my idea and made millions from it!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Not me but my dad talks about his dad and brother coming up with all sorts of things and never doing anything with them. He said the family could have been millionaires if they had patented their inventions.
    The one that cracked me up was my dad telling me how my grandfather drank iced coffee long, long before it was a popular drink. His friends all thought he was insane for putting ice in his coffee back in the late 40s/early 50s. Who would have thought...he was years before his time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010